Re: PATCH: new patch to support http messages over UDP

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 16:33:25 +0200

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 11:30:19AM +0100, KALLEL Mohamed wrote:
> In fact I do not have a big idea about http protocol neither about
> http over udp cases. But I see this request in the standard protocol
> TR-069 cwmp (Amendment 5) and in this standard they require to send
> HTTP messages over UDP and they are not asking to expect answer from
> the server.
> Ref of TR-069: http://www.broadband-forum.org/technical/download/TR-069_Amendment-5.pdf
> (Annex M)

I wonder if libcurl is even a good fit for that application. If no response
is expected, then there's very little of HTTP necessary to support, only
generating and formatting a few standard headers. If no response is expected,
then features like authentication, SSL, timeouts, cookies, HTTP version
negotiation and proxy support aren't possible so can't be used. All you're
left with could be done with a printf and a sendto call. Why are you
considering libcurl for this application?

>>> Dan