Re: Wuery regarding "CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION" option of libCurl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 13:42:02 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 22 Aug 2014, Arif Ali Saiyed wrote:

> If give some of the old User Agents that are mentioned here
> http://curl.haxx.se/docs/httpscripting.html#User_Agent it does work with
> them but with all latest user agents ( desktop Google Chrome, Desktop
> Firefox, IPad Safari ,iPhone Safari ) redirection is not working.

libcurl's redirection logic is COMPLETELY independent of whatever you set the
user-agent to. Thus: the redirects work just as good/bad no matter what you
set the user-agent to.

However, you may very well find that servers you communicate with will act
differently depending on what user-agent you send them and the reponse you get
back may then not always be the same.

If you insist that the redirect logic doesn't work on some particular site
with a specific user-agent then please show us a curl command line that
repeats the problem and I'll immediately dig into the problem with joy!

Or you can just show us the request and response headers from your tests and
we might be able to see what's happening!