Re: removal of POSIX

From: Jon Torrey <ntox101_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 16:41:50 -0400

> The easiest way is probably to provide stub implementations for those
> functions that returns a correct return code but do nothing.

I agree.

One thing I am curious of though, and I have been digging into a lot of the
macros in libCURL and OpenSSL ( I am using OpenSSL with libCURL ), where at
in easy.c does it use the sigaction function?

I am getting a linker error coming from easy.o when I tell the config file
I have sigaction ( HAVE_SIGACTION 1 ) and when I tell the config I don't
have it, ui_openssl.o throws the linker error (which is part of the OpenSSL
library). I thought about manually removing the UI portion of OpenSSL but
am curious, what is the UI for? Is it strictly only used for command line
functionality? In this case, if it is, I would have no problem removing
it.

I know my problem might not be suitable for this mailing list, but maybe
you more knowledgeable people may be able to help me.

Regards,
JT