Re: the survey summary

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 19:56:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 16 Jun 2014, Rich Gray wrote:

> I've always felt that the callback functions deserve man pages. This would
> bring all the API info about setup, invocation timing, calling arguments,
> return values and entitlements for each function together in one place. It
> would give the user a functional spec to write their callback functions
> against.

I agree. I've also been wanting to get the *setopt options better documented
in a stand-alone fashion so that we can have a single page for each of them
(and link to them individually in a nicer way). It'll allow people to google
for them more easily and it'll encourage us to be more verbose for each
option. That would of course include the callback options and we could even
document them with a small example or two in each page.

I think I'll use this opportunty to push myself into actually starting this
work.

One man page for each easy curl_easy_setopt and curl_multi_setopt option. That
means almost 200 new man pages... Of course curl_easy_setopt.3 and
curl_multi_setopt.3 can then be significantly shortened.

Thanks.