Re: the survey summary

From: Rich Gray <rgray_at_plustechnologies.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 10:11:20 -0400

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Jun 2014, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>
>> http://curl.haxx.se/docs/survey/survey2014.html

Haven't had a chance to look at this and in fact didn't get to the survey,
in part because too many of the questions were phrased in a manner which
made them hard to answer.

> What's the biggest problem with the current docs? What's the biggest thing
> we lack? Please share some ideas and thoughts here!

I've always felt that the callback functions deserve man pages. This would
bring all the API info about setup, invocation timing, calling arguments,
return values and entitlements for each function together in one place.
It would give the user a functional spec to write their callback functions
against.

In general, I think libcurl is pretty well documented.

Rich