Re: excessive bounces?

From: Tom Bishop, Wenlin Institute <tangmu_at_wenlin.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 09:56:11 -0400

On Jun 9, 2014, at 7:48 AM, Dima Tisnek <dimaqq_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Indeed, every week I check my gmail spam box and find one or two
> unfortunate libcurl list messages in it.
>
> Funny thing is, some of these messages are very ham to a human eye.
> Something's odd here, but I can't quite put a finger on it.
>
> On 6 June 2014 08:52, Felix E. Klee <felix.klee_at_inka.de> wrote:
>> Ray, as expected, your message ended up again in Gmail’s spam. What Gmail says:
>>
>> "Be careful with this message. Our systems couldn't verify that this
>> message was really sent by yahoo.com.

A message says it is sent from a yahoo account, but in fact it's not sent (directly) by yahoo, it's sent by this mailing list. Therefore it's suspicious according to DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance), which is used by both yahoo and gmail.

I hope this explanation is helpful.

Best wishes,

Tom

文林 Wenlin Institute, Inc. Software for Learning Chinese
E-mail: wenlin@wenlin.com Web: http://www.wenlin.com
Telephone: 1-877-4-WENLIN (1-877-493-6546)