cURL / Mailing Lists / curl-library / Single Mail


RE: Visual Studio Project Files

From: Steve Holme <>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 17:47:46 +0100

On Mon, 21 Apr 2014, Steve Holme wrote:

> > I noticed that the generated curl binary is actually named
> > "curlsrc.exe", because the project is named "curlsrc". Maybe this
> > is something that could be changed?
> Thanks - I have just double checked the output and it seems I have
> it wrong in both VC10 and VC11 files for all the release builds :(

I've pushed commit 4b87029113 to fix this issue as it was quick and simple

I used the original project names from the VC6 files that already existed
rather than change the project name to curl:

* curlsrc
* libcurl

For the project files up to and including VC9 I then forected the output to
be curld.exe (for debug) and curl.exe (for release).

Unfortunately when I came to the VC10 files I changed all the output
directives to use the new $(TargetDir) $(TargetName) $(TargetExt) and forgot
to change the TargetDir variable from $(ProjectName) for the release builds.

We may want to consider changing the names of the project files from curlsrc
to curl but for now I have fixed up the TargetDir variables for the release

Kind Regards

List admin:
Received on 2014-04-21