RE: Fix curl --proto and --proto-redir with SSL protocols

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 17:14:24 +0100

On Sun, 20 Apr 2014, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> We got this bug reported with a pull request, but I didn't like how the
> fix was made so I wrote up a different take on the same problem.

It seems a pretty simple solution to me.

> It changes how we store protocols in the protocol handlers so I figured
> I give everyone a chance to read and comment before I proceed and
> push.
>
> Comments?

My only niggles are:

1) With PROTO_*FAM defines and the need to describe what Fam means. I know
it's fairly trivial but I would like to suggest the following alternatives:

a) PROTO_FAM_* eg PROTO_FAM_HTTP
b) PROTO_FAMILY_* eg PROTO_FAMILY_HTTP
c) PROTO_*_FAMILY eg PROTO_HTTP_FAMILY

My own preferences are probably b and c.

2) There should be a space between "andFTPS" in the commit comments ;-)

Kind Regards

Steve