Re: Curl_share_lock deadlock when flushing cookielist?

From: Kristoffer Gleditsch <toffer_at_ping.uio.no>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 12:45:09 +0100

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 10:04 AM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> It shouldn't do that. We need to fix. You up to correcting it and sending us
> a patch?

Not sure. I have never looked at the curl code before until i needed
to debug this, so I have no idea about the correct place to put these
locks.

> I guess the docs should explicitly say that it isn't needed.

That would be nice.

Another thing I missed in the docs was whether you need these locks
when using a multi handle running in its own thread. From my
experimentation, it doesn't look like it's needed in that scenario,
since all access to the share object happens from the same thread.

> Is it? I figure it should flush them from the shared object... Perhaps a
> second bug?

"FLUSH" is used to sync the cookie state to disk (cookie file), so
when using a share object and no file, there's nowhere to sync to.
Perhaps you are thinking of "ALL", which is for erasing all known
cookies?

Kr.