Re: http2 patches

From: Fabian Frank <fabian.frank.de_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 14:22:42 -0800

On Feb 3, 2014, at 1:52 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> If we go with Tatsuhiro's conversion approach, which patches should I merge in which order to move forward properly you think?

In this case I would say you can ignore my patch 0001-http2-send-GET-request, as this patch assumed we’d call nghttp2 with data from the connect data struct instead of parsing the HTTP data. “My” 0001-http2-send-GET-request patch is largely a duplicate of Tatsuhiro’s 0001. We just happened to work on the same thing independently. It makes then sense to just merge Tatsuhiro’s patches 0001- to 0004-. My patch 0001-openssl-add-ALPN-support is completely independent from the others, it doesn’t even modify http.c or http2.c This one can IMHO be merged before or after any other patches. Are there any concerns with the OpenSSL ALPN patch that I should address?

Since you guys agree with parsing HTTP/1.1 to do HTTP/2.0 for now, I am also fine with this approach and I trust Daniel’s judgement, as he has obviously the most experience with the cURL code base. After we’ve made more progress on http2 and I’ve learned more about the cURL code base, I might think about doing http2 directly again and share my suggestion with the list. But for now I’m happy to move on as suggested.

Welcome back,
Fabian