Re: More testsuite line-ending improvements to support Windows

From: Marc Hoersken <info_at_marc-hoersken.de>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2014 14:13:57 +0100

Hello again,

attached you will find a new set of patches that also includes a change
to the actual curl tool:
  1.) Contains all the general and Windows independent fixes to HTTP and
RTSP header line-endings for custom libtool test cases.
  2.) Makes the custom libtool binaries use binary mode for stdout, just
like the curl tool does if --use-ascii is not explicitly specified and
also includes the required fixes to the test cases in order to support
that binary mode.
  3.) Contains all the general and Windows independent fixes to HTTP for
curl-tool test cases.
  4.) Makes the curl-tool output protocol headers in binary-mode.
  5.) Contains all the general and Windows independent fixes to HTTP for
curl-tool test cases that depend on binary-mode protocol header output.

curl currently outputs protocol headers in text-mode rather than in
binary-mode. Since this breaks protocol headers that use explicit
line-endings, like HTTP, I propose that we make it output headers in
binary-mode. The attached patch #4 contains a small change to make this
happen, but does not include a new option to make it optional. The
previous patch #3 was dropped from the set and instead already pushed to
the repository, because it was completely unrelated.

I would like to request some feedback if we need a new option for
binary-mode protocol header output, since third party software could
depend on curl's current behaviour.

Best regards,
Marc

  • application/gzip attachment: stored