More testsuite line-ending improvements to support Windows

From: Marc Hoersken <info_at_marc-hoersken.de>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2014 01:11:09 +0100

Hello everyone,

I went through the whole chain of custom libtool test cases in order to
improve their Windows compatibility.
While doing this I also fixed the HTTP and RTSP test cases to use CRLF
for protocol element (e.g. header) termination.

Attached you will find 3 patches:
  1.) Contains all the general and Windows independent fixes to HTTP and
RTSP header line-endings.
  2.) Makes the custom libtool binaries use binary mode for stdout, just
like the curl tool does if --use-ascii is not explicitly specified and
also includes the required fixes to the test cases in order to support
that binary mode.
  3.) A small fix to avoid problems caused by low timer resolution on
Windows.

The patches that contain line-ending changes are gzip'ped in order to
preserve those through MIME and SMTP transformation.

I would appreciate any feedback on these patches before merging them.
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Marc

  • application/gzip attachment: stored