Re: Broken libcurl FTP list parsing

From: Marc Hörsken <info_at_marc-hoersken.de>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 22:53:05 +0100

Am 26.01.2014 22:20, schrieb Daniel Stenberg:
> I don't think that's a good idea. I want the test suite to be explicit
> and use the exact representation as far as possible. It also makes us
> be able to test with CR-only, LF-only and CRLF etc in test cases
> without problems.

I am not sure if we are talking about the same stuff, but I didn't mean
to make the test suite implicit. That's why I added mode="text" to the
data(check)-sections.
Are you saying that you are in favor of mixing CR, LF and CRLF within a
single test file or did you mean to say that the test suite should not
automatically convert something if text-mode is not enabled.
If it's the second one, we are on the same page.

> So, I rather have us especially mark the sections that need to be
> treated as "text" by Windows systems so that we keep that for only the
> sections we need to do it for.

Yes, I think that is what my patches actually do. I am only reversing
the conversion order, because on Windows CRLF in the expected output
makes more sense to me than forcing the actual curl output to LF for
comparison.

Best regards,
Marc