Re: Broken libcurl FTP list parsing

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 22:20:53 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 26 Jan 2014, Marc Hörsken wrote:

> You are right, we should avoid mixing [LF] and [CR][LF] inside the test
> files since that can easily be broken and will probably confuse git,
> too. Especially if someone tries to work with the git repository using
> autocrlf turned on.
> I think the best approach with regards to the test files is using [LF]
> only. The test suite should then take care of converting the expected
> output to [CR][LF] if required.

I don't think that's a good idea. I want the test suite to be explicit and use
the exact representation as far as possible. It also makes us be able to test
with CR-only, LF-only and CRLF etc in test cases without problems.

So, I rather have us especially mark the sections that need to be treated as
"text" by Windows systems so that we keep that for only the sections we need
to do it for.