RE: Windows build failures!

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 11:32:12 +0000

On Mon, 30 Dec 2013, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> > Is it worth us considering the removal of the shorter define
> > and simply using CURL_FORMAT_CURL_OFF_T internally?
>
> I'm not sure it is worth it once the above change is pushed.
> But I'm not against it either if you think it makes things better
> and you're willing to make it happen.

I produced two patches last night - one that did the alias and one that did
the removal of FORMAT_OFF_T internally.

The latter is fairly chunky and I have reviewed it several times this
morning but I am more and more convinced that this is the "correct" thing to
do, now that our internal printf() functions support the I32 / I64
extensions under those compilers that support them.

I wasn't sure whether to keep the old definition for backwards
compatibility, but as they shouldn't be used outside of libcurl, I have
removed them - However, they can easily be added back in if this is the
wrong decision on my part.

Hopefully, I have just caught the 11:20 auto build with my push so I will
keep an eye out for the results and patch anything up if need be.

Kind Regards

Steve