RE: Windows build failures!

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 10:36:06 +0000

On Mon, 30 Dec 2013, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> I agree that FORMAT_OFF_T could be made to be exctly like
> CURL_FORMAT_CURL_OFF_T instead of having separate logic
> (basically only an alias with a shorter name). But we shouldn't
> move it to curlbuild.h since FORMAT_OFF_T is only for internal
> use and curlbuild is an external header so we should only d
> names with CURL_ prefixes there.

Ah - that makes more sense now. The 83 uses of FORMAT_OFF_T that I mentioned
earlier were in libcurl while the 3 uses of CURL_FORMAT_CURL_OFF_T were in
curl.

I have pushed my changes from yesterday and will see how the auto builds
fair before changing anything else.

I have also updated my own local curl_setup.h to do the following aliases
which works as expected (both compilation and runtime wise):

# define FORMAT_OFF_T CURL_FORMAT_CURL_OFF_T
# define FORMAT_OFF_TU CURL_FORMAT_CURL_OFF_TU

I will push this later unless there are any objections.

Is it worth us considering the removal of the shorter define and simply
using CURL_FORMAT_CURL_OFF_T internally?

Kind Regards

Steve