RE: Reading gmail with imap unsuccessful on Win32

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 11:26:41 +0100

On Sat, 26 Aug 2013, Mark Hessling wrote:

> Have removed the --cacert and --cert-type switches and replaced
> them with -k. Exactly the same result :-(

Very strange... I know this is a typical developer response but the
following is working for me:

curld -v -k -u user:pass imaps://imap.gmail.com:993/INBOX -X "SEARCH UNSEEN"

Note that I don't have a google account so I get "curl: (67) Authentication
failed: 78" back from curl but at least it gets past the SSL connection.

I'm using both the following release as well as my own build of the latest
repository code:

curl 7.33.0 (x86_64-pc-win32) libcurl/7.33.0 OpenSSL/1.0.0k zlib/1.2.8
WinIDN
libssh2/1.4.3 librtmp/2.3
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap pop3 pop3s
rtmp
rtsp scp sftp smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: AsynchDNS GSS-Negotiate IDN Largefile NTLM SSL SSPI libz

Are you able to build the code yourself to see if you have the same problem
with the latest code base?

Kind Regards

Steve