Re: four tests fail on Solaris 10 : 16 165 1034 1035

From: Dennis Clarke <dclarke_at_blastwave.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 19:10:34 -0400

> On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 02:02:55PM -0400, Dennis Clarke wrote:
> > I have four tests fail on Solaris 10 SPARC .. where should I look
> given the results below ?
>
> All four tests have to do with 8-bit character handling. What locale are
> you running these tests under? I'm assuming it's not a UTF-8 one. The
> punycode and base64 parts of the tests show that something isn't interpreting
> the characters correctly. Could it be the source files were converted
> something other than UTF-8 at some point before running the tests?

I think that may be the issue. I had this in my env :

LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8
LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8
LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8
LC_MONETARY=en_US.UTF-8
LC_NUMERIC=en_US.UTF-8
LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8

For various reasons I need to deal with four byte UTF-8 chars as well as utf8mb4 charset
in MySQL so it just makes sense for me to have that as my locale. However it may be the
source of my issues ... I will go back and rebuild with LC_ALL=C and see what I
get.

Dennis