Re: Multi-handle hanging up immediately after creating FTP data socket (using GCD)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 11:50:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 7 Aug 2013, Bill Doyle wrote:

>> Can you try to implement your logic in a plain (non-threaded) C program and
>> see if that works?
>
> That would essentially just be the crash-test program that I linked,

Right, but that was also highly unreadable and hard to follow so that wasn't
really a good read for me either.

>>> Another interesting note is that libcurl never asks to adjust the timeout
>>> value (CURLOPT_TIMERFUNCTION),
>>
>> Never? For every handle you add it will set a 1 ms timeout so it certainly
>> should...
>
> Well, never after initially setting it to 1ms. I wasn't certain whether it
> was supposed to attempt changing the timeout again later in the process.

After the first timeout, you should get another soon enough for 300 seconds
into the future which is the name resolver timeout and then things will of
course depend a lot on your build setup and what options you use to libcurl.

Can you perhaps describe in words which libcurl functions you're using in this
program and in which order, like just a high-level description of what it is
supposed to do?