Re: How to get server certificate.

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 09:25:02 +0200

On Wed, Aug 07, 2013 at 11:23:56AM +0530, Umesha M S wrote:
> I am using libcURL to communicate to server. In my application we are using
> HTTPS. Initially I got invalid certificate error. To solve this I have set
> CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER  and CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST  to true and CURLOPT_CAINFO
> to my local certificate path(<curentdir>\test.crt).

Why did it give an invalid certificate error? Is it a self-signed certificate?
Was the bundle of root certificates not installed on the client? The reason
makes a big difference as to how you should proceed. If the root certificate
bundle is missing, then that needs to be installed. If it's your own self-signed
certificate you're checking, then you probably want to extend it more than one
year so you don't have to go through this exercise so often. Or, if you can
get a copy of the new certificate from the server before it goes live, then you
can install it in the client ahead of time so there won't be any down time.

>>> Dan