Re: Draft patch: #758 VMS-Alpha, http-upload not working

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 12:58:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 28 Jul 2013, John E. Malmberg wrote:

>> I'm fine with this approach. You call it a "draft patch", does it mean
>> you'll provide another one or are you fine with this for now?
>
> I would prefer if there was someway to cache the data from the first stat()
> call so that the second stat() call later was not needed, as stat() has
> higher overhead on VMS than on Unix.

Ah, ok. Let's consider that an optimization then and we can work on that in a
separate stage.

For a solution, I can imagine storing the stat struct results in the FormData
struct in the first phase and then read from there in the second phase
instead of the second stat().

> I see one other file open for read in libcurl, but have not had time to look
> at it to determine the impact on VMS, or a reproducer. It should have the
> same issues as with this one and FTP upload patch committed earlier, so a
> similar solution should be needed.

I see. Still a separate issue so we can take that in a separate change!

Thanks for all your hard work, I'll merge this one now!