Re: Draft patch: #758 VMS-Alpha, http-upload not working

From: John E. Malmberg <wb8tyw_at_qsl.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 23:17:42 -0500

On 7/28/2013 4:35 PM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> I'm fine with this approach. You call it a "draft patch", does it mean
> you'll provide another one or are you fine with this for now?

I would prefer if there was someway to cache the data from the first
stat() call so that the second stat() call later was not needed, as
stat() has higher overhead on VMS than on Unix.

I can live with this patch though, as it gets code functional, and then
I will update the packages/vms/readme file to note why the transfer of
VMS variable format text files will be much less efficient than the
transfer of other formats.

I see one other file open for read in libcurl, but have not had time to
look at it to determine the impact on VMS, or a reproducer. It should
have the same issues as with this one and FTP upload patch committed
earlier, so a similar solution should be needed.

Regards,
-John