Re: unpausing an upload

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 20:26:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 23 Jul 2013, Justin Karneges wrote:

>> I suggest a fix like the attached one, what do you think about it?
>
> Doesn't seem to work. I expect that my timer callback should get called
> during curl_easy_pause() to set up a new timer? No call to my callback is
> made. I sprinkled some debug prints into curl though and I see your
> Curl_expire(.., 1) is getting called internally at least.

Right, with this fix applied, after unpausing you should call
curl_multi_socket_action() with CURL_SOCKET_TIMEOUT. I rather not make the
curl_easy_pause() function itself call the callbacks etc with updated info but
defer that to curl_multi_socket_action() as that's more in the normal work
flow. Chances are pretty big that the unpausing will get some transfer
activity going anyway so we better leave that to the main driver function.

Or what do you think?