Re: multi_socket POST doesn't finish, but PUT does

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 20:21:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 22 Jul 2013, Justin Karneges wrote:

> I am using POST by setting CURLOPT_POST to 1, setting
> CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE_LARGE to the request body size, and streaming the
> input using a read function (and streaming the response with a write
> function). The entire request gets sent and as far as I can tell the entire
> response is received as well. However, curl does not notify me that the
> "easy" has finished and instead only gives me the following debug message:
> "we are done reading and this is set to close, stop send"

> So, I think there's a bug here?

As we only have the multi interface internally these days, even the easy
interface code that does this uses the same functionality - and since I'm
positive it works for at least most cases like the ones tested by our test
suite, it is not a generic POST-with-callback bug.

Can you provide us with a complete source code that repeats the problem?