Re: Re: ftp problem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 23:51:08 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 15 Jul 2013, Clemens Gruber wrote:

> It looks like curl regards the download as „partial“, why is that?

It counts 0 received bytes when the connection is closed. That's not the same
amount of data that was promised before the transfer and thus it is "partial".

> In the capture logs I can see, that the server sent a 226 Transfer complete.
> And 200µs later, curl requests to RETR the file again, and after that tries
> to use the SIZE command again..

I've tried really hard to repeat this problem locally but failed. But I've now
written a test case 1414 that is an attempt to mimic your case and problem
(just pushed to git). While it doesn't fail like for you, it does offer an
interesting log to compare with...

In your log, everything seems fine up to the point it logs:

"Connection accepted from server" (logged by the AcceptServerConnect()
function)

... as then it in the line after switches from STOP to RETR_TYPE and I really
don't understand why. Can you figure it out? I think the AcceptServerConnect()
function that detects the connection there is called from within the
ftp_do_more() function.

In a successful case it shouldn't move the state machine any further as it
should now instead transfer data.

> Daniel, I could forward a port to the OS-9 ftp server for you to access it.
> What do you think?

(I took up this offer by Clemens, but unfortunately it failed due to system
setup problems so I couldn't do any tests on my own against this server.)