Re: --enable-threaded-resolver "breaks" qemu's curl driver

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 23:29:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 7 Jun 2013, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> For a long time we've not been able to use Fedora's curl with qemu, but
> upstream curl from git just worked. A simple way to test this is to run:
>
> qemu-io http://libguestfs.org/index.html -c 'read -v 0 512'
>
> It will either print something or hang forever.

Thanks for your detailed report and I also read your bugzilla entry on this
issue.

What exactly is that command line doing HTTP-wise? Is it "just" asking for the
first 512 bytes from that URL? If so, shouldn't the plain curl command line
tool also repeat the problem if it was truly a pure libcurl problem? Any
chance you can try to write up a smallish more plain libcurl-using code that
can be used to attempt to repeat the problem?

Oh and btw, when it hangs, does it show it the resolver thread function as the
culprit in a gdb stack trace?