Re: BUG: NULL pointer dereference in Curl_ssl_getsessionid.

From: Marc Hoersken <info_at_marc-hoersken.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 16:58:07 +0200

2013/4/19 Vuurvlieg <vuurvlieg_at_gmail.com>:
> Is it perhaps possible it might be a 'silent' crash? (without the windows
> error box popping up)
> The crash is at the very end of the program when cleanup code is run. so you
> can't see it based on the output.

Yes, you are correct. I just took a look into the Windows event log
and there is a corresponding log entry.

> Could you perhaps upload your binary so I could test it on my system?

Attached you will find the binary I used to verify the bug.

Your other investigation were correct, too. I just verified the crash
location with gdb:

  0x00414070 in Curl_ssl_getsessionid ()
  (gdb) bt
  #0 0x00414070 in Curl_ssl_getsessionid ()
  #1 0x00422074 in Curl_schannel_shutdown ()
  #2 0x004144c1 in Curl_ssl_shutdown ()
  #3 0x00417697 in Curl_disconnect ()
  #4 0x0041bd0c in curl_multi_cleanup ()
  #5 0x0041558a in Curl_close ()
  #6 0x00407a02 in operate ()
  #7 0x00432f5b in main ()

Now the question would be: How do we fix this?
Could someone with multi interface experience please jump in here?