Re: libcurl for Android, iOS, Blackberry - c-ares and CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL option

From: Cédric Deltheil <cedric_at_moodstocks.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 14:46:43 +0200

Le 15 avr. 2013 à 14:26, Simon Fischer a écrit :

> Does somebody know if Android, iOS and Blackberry are some of these plattforms where libcurl will not function properly multi-threaded without this option set?

From my own experience on iOS and Android platforms only, if you build libcurl without async DNS support, you will encounter (rare) random crashes in this precise context.

For more details, please refer to this recent discussion on the list:

http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2013-03/0086.html

> And what do you think do I need c-ares or not? I'm planning on running each request in his own thread.

As the doc says, you can:
1/ build libcurl with threaded resolver or c-ares[1]
2/ or enable the CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL option otherwise

Cédric

[1]: e.g on iOS, Nick Zitzmann provides a libcurl build with the threaded resolver: http://seiryu.home.comcast.net/~seiryu/libcurl-ios.html