RE: Incorrect Digest Username with Diegst Auth

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 11:17:58 +0100

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013, Steve Holme wrote:

> > The command line is only taking "sip" as username due to : in username.
> > Is there any mechanism to make it work with current username only?
>
> I'm not saying this will work but have you tried URL encoding the colon ?
>
> For example:
>
> curl.exe --digest -u sip%3Aalice_at_example.com:password

I'm currently looking at the code for this, as part of the "URL Parsing"
work I am doing at present, and it looks like the username is URL decoded
when it is part of the URL but not when passed via the --user argument.

So the following should work:

curl.exe --digest http://
sip%3Aalice_at_example.com:password_at_system:8080/resource-lists/users/sip:alice@
example.com/index

But what I suggested in my last email won't at present.

I can probably fix this as part of the other work I am doing, as I need to
rework the parsing in setstropt_userpwd() but would like to hear the
consensus on this.

Kind Regards

Steve