Re: Errors/crashes with FTP using multi interface?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 23:15:31 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 28 Mar 2013, Sam Deane wrote:

> I've eliminated GCD dispatch sources as a culprit I think, by writing an
> alternative version of the test which uses
> curl_multi_wait/curl_multi_perform, instead of curl_multi_socket_action plus
> callbacks.
>
> This one also exhibits the same crash:

1. You didn't eliminate gcd completely. I had to remove a bunch of more uses.

2. You extracted a URL with CURLINFO_EFFECTIVE_URL and then you freed the
    handle before you used the data so you deferred already freed memory.

3. You freed the list you extracted with CURLINFO_PRIVATE _before_ you cleaned
    up the handle and thus caused another deferring of freed memory.

See attached source that has these flaws fixed. Works fine for me.