RE: SMTP messages are destroyed by Exchange 2003 only

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 17:14:05 +0000

Hi again,

On Thu, 7 Feb 2013, Volker Schmid wrote:

> I added everything. Now it looks like this:

> size=8154;
> creation-date="Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 16:56:10 +0100";
> modification-date="Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 16:56:10 +0100"
>
> But sadly, still the same problem :-( If some Exchange 2003
> receives that mail, it destroys the attachment.

I don't think this is the issue but your creation-date and
modification-dates are in the wrong format.

You seem to be formatting them as Date headers within the value of the
attribute. They shouldn't have "Date:" inside the quotes and I believe, and
I could quite well be out of date here, that the format should be as per
RFC822 and not as RFC2822, so " EEE, dd MMM yyyy HH:mm:ss zzz" as opposed to
"EEE, dd MMM yyyy HH:mm:ss ZZZ"

> Any other ideas? What else can I do wrong that causes Exchange to do so?

Exchange is an odd beast at times :(

Are the emails that you are having difficulty with being sent to another
server or are you downloading them from an email client etc...?

I would be interested to know how much of the email is being stored in
Exchange and if you are retrieving them via POP3 or IMAP, for example, what
the retrieval settings for those connectors are.

Are you able to telnet onto the Exchange server's POP3 port / use curl.exe
to retrieve the email that has been sent just to see how much of the email
it is storing?

Kind Regards

Steve