Re: IBM AIX Unix xlC compiler internal compiler error

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 10:12:05 +0100

(Sorry for replying to such an old post, I found it unread in my
mailing list backlog)

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 11:06 PM, Frank Chang <frank_chang91_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> libcurl-7.28.1 IBM-AIX xlC internal compiler error which our project
> director and I found this afternoon? The error log is shown below. Thank
> you.
> 1) ./configure CC=xlC
> 2) make

> xlC: 1501-230 Internal compiler error; please contact your Service
> Representative

Curl builds on AIX with the IBM compilers, if you check the autobuilds
page on the curl home page you'll see my autobuilds with IBM Visual C
version 5.0 and version 10.1. I've been running those for years.
I build with 'CC=xlc', not xlC though - I believe the latter is meant
to invoke the C++ variant but I'm not sure of the impact in this case.
In any case you should build with a C compiler, not a C++ compiler. If
that is not the cause of the failure you see then it's probably
something wrong with your compiler installation. Looks that way
actually, 'Internal compiler error' sounds like something is missing.

-Tor

CONFIDENTIALITY
This e-mail and any attachment contain KONGSBERG information which may be
proprietary, confidential or subject to export regulations, and is only meant
for the intended recipient(s). Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use is
prohibited, if not otherwise explicitly agreed with KONGSBERG. If received in
error, please delete it immediately from your system and notify the sender
properly.