Re: configure test for _AIX false positive.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 11:45:15 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 6 Jan 2013, John E. Malmberg wrote:

> The configure test for AIX is producing a false positive.
>
> This is resulting in the _ALL_SOURCE macro being defined.
>
> As near as I can tell, I do not see any bad effects on VMS.
>
> It looks like the problem is that the test should produce a compile failure
> to indicate AIX, and instead a compile success is being used.

Not quite. The code for CURL_CHECK_AIX_ALL_SOURCE in acinclude.m4 does this:

   AC_EGREP_CPP([yes_this_is_aix],[
#ifdef _AIX
    yes_this_is_aix
#endif
   ],[
     AC_MSG_RESULT([yes])
     AC_DEFINE(_ALL_SOURCE)
   ],[
     AC_MSG_RESULT([no])
   ])

Which means it'll preprocess that little snippet of code and check for
'yes_this_is_aix' in the output. That should only happen if _AIX is defined
when the preprocessor runs... Or can you think of any other explanation? Can
you figure out why it detects that in the output for your test?