Re: transfer closed with bytes remaining to read Windows 7 issue

From: Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman_at_kitware.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 17:23:57 -0500

On 12/4/2012 5:06 PM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> I would start at investigating the actual TCP packets when the final
> parts of that transfer arrived. Were there any bits/flags sent in any
> direction that
> give any hints on what exactly happened and which side did what?

I am not that much of a TCP expert. What tools would you recommend for
finding this out? We have access to the server and client machines.

One more small piece of information. We took a successful download of a
file and chopped off the end of it to make it match the size of a failed
file and they were still different. So, it seemed that there was
something missing from the middle of the file.
> My initial gut reaction is that this seems like an artifact of something
> inside Windows 7, but I don't want to jump to conclusions before we have
> more facts...
I am willing to get all the facts you want. Just tell me what to run. :)

Thanks for helping.

-Bill