RE: SONAME change

From: Yehezkel Horowitz <horowity_at_checkpoint.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 13:55:52 +0000

First - thanks for your quick reply.

>> I wonder if there is an easy way to compile libcurl into different
>> SONAME like libmycurl.so?

>Sure. If you check the lib/Makefile you can see that VERSIONINFO is being set (to an argument that is passed along to libtool). You can set your own value either by editing the makefile or by passing in an overriding value from the command line.

Not sure I got you.

This is what I see in lib/Makefile (by grep VERSIONINFO lib/Makefile)
  VERSIONINFO = -version-info 6:0:2
  #VERSIONINFO = -version-info 7:0:2
  libcurl_la_LDFLAGS = $(UNDEF) $(VERSIONINFO) $(MIMPURE) $(VERSIONED_SYMBOLS) $(LIBCURL_LIBS)

How this is going to change the targeted library name?
Which value should I override in the CLI?

Yehezkel