Re: Does libcurl supports LDAP connections over SOCKS proxy?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 14:53:57 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 14 Nov 2012, Anton Malov wrote:

> static CURLcode Curl_ldap(struct connectdata *conn, bool *done) in ldap.c.
> And there strange things happens. First of all there is a call to
> ldap_init(conn->host.name, (int)conn->port); where first parameter is ldap
> directory host, and second parameter is proxy port

What LDAP is this using? It looks like you're talking about the windows ldap
API (lib/ldap.c), are you?

If so, that code does indeed call ldap_init() and from what I can see in
online documentation that connects to the server by itself and thus it won't
work through a proxy.

If you build with openldap (lib/openldap.c) instead, it uses ldap_init_fd()
and that is supposed to instead work on the given socket instead of trying to
create a new one.