Re: Does libcurl supports LDAP connections over SOCKS proxy?

From: Anton Malov <malov.anton_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 16:10:19 +0400

>> I've got a simple question: does libcurl supports LDAP connections over
>> SOCKS proxy?

>... and I would answer the same thing today as I did then: try it out and see
> why it happens and what can be done about it.

I tried to debug the code and discovered strange things.

First of all curl establishes connection to SOCKS proxy (and this step
goes fine) then execution proceeds to
static CURLcode Curl_ldap(struct connectdata *conn, bool *done)
in ldap.c. And there strange things happens.
First of all there is a call to ldap_init(conn->host.name, (int)conn->port);
where first parameter is ldap directory host, and second parameter is proxy port
After that goes a call to ldap_simple_bind_s which obviously fails.

Is the call to ldap_init with this parameters a bug or some "magic"
way to connect using proxy?