Re: Generating DEF files for the MINGW cross build

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 10:56:23 +0100

Hi Johnny,
Am 08.11.2012 19:55, schrieb Johnny Luong:
> I am able to compile and link of the sample programs to the lib file
> generated from the DEF file for 32-bit. So it works for me.
great! Thanks for testing!
I've added creating the .def to both libcurl and libssh2 MinGW builds;
and I will include the .def with next release binaries since its no big
deal but only a small text file.

> As far as the other packages go, I think it works as long as you stick
> to the curl or ssh methods (I didn't see a DEF file for the libssh2 but
> assuming it would be there in the future, this is conceptually true);
yep - I did only rebuild libcurl.

> It would be nice if there was a build that didn't need openssl but
> used SSPI (this would probably mean removing SSH support) but I didn't
> quite expect it to work at all to be honest.
there are a couple more binary packages available than those listed at
the download page:
http://curl.haxx.se/gknw.net/7.28.0/dist-w32/
those with 'winssl' in the name and those without any 'ssl' are probably
what you're looking for ...

Gün.