Re: Auth regression

From: Nick Zitzmann <nick_at_chronosnet.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 16:39:18 -0700

On Nov 5, 2012, at 4:14 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> The attached tarball contains four patches I've used to fix the regression. It does have a minor drawback shown in test 2027 and 2030: it causes duplicate Digest requests at times when you change credentials for a re-used handle.
>
> I suggest we work on fixing that issue separately.
>
> If nobody objects, I'll merge this into master within shortly.

I don't know if it re-introduces the original bug that the patch that caused the regression fixed or not, but I can verify that, at least when using the command line tool with the --anyauth flag, the regression is fixed. So there are no objections here! The servers our apps deal with generally pick a single authentication method for all paths and stick with that method.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>