Re: Questions on building libcurl for Android

From: Ram <ram.nw1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 13:28:34 -0700

Thanks again, Guenter. I appreciate the time you've spent on this topic.

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net> wrote:

> However, to create a ".a" library file (ARM binary), is it possible to
>> use a previously hard-coded version of config-android.h and use it as
>> part of a conventional ndkbuild process (without using the configure
>> script etc)
>>

> you can try to pick up a curl-config.h from my Android autobuilds:
> http://curl.haxx.se/dev/**builds.html<http://curl.haxx.se/dev/builds.html>

I couldn't locate curl-config.h on the autobuild site (though I did see log
files saying that the file had been created).
Can you please tell me where I can find curl-config.h for Android (ARM)

On MSys......, I think that MSys won't work either (Google's NDK
documentation specifically says that cygwin and MSys aren't supported with
the standalone compiler).
The cross-compiler is only supported on a regular Windows command prompt
(i.e. no cygwin, no MSys)

Thanks also for your comments on my other questions (converting cygwin
paths to paths understandable by the standalone tools, or converting the
configure script to a WIndows batch file).
However, on further reflection, I'm not sure whether it would be reasonable
to spend several more hours on trying to jump through hoops and get the
compilation working. I'm already behind on writing app code :(
So I think I'll have to give up on the standalone/cross-compiler approach

Later this week, I'd like to take a shot at the prebuilt config-Android.h
approach. If that doesn't work out, I'll plan on writing Java code and
using the standard Android framework for http requests - for the V1
version of my app (potentially switching to libcurl at a later time -
depending on jni overhead, performance etc.)

Thanks Ram