Re: Compiling under windows with USE_IDN=yes, patch needed

From: Jan Ehrhardt <phpdev_at_ehrhardt.nl>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 21:35:50 +0200

Guenter in gmane.comp.web.curl.library (Sun, 29 Jul 2012 15:25:44
+0200):
>thanks for your detailed answer and testing!
>I've just pushed your suggested fix to GIT; would be great if you could
>verify that it works too with VC10 if you have that handy;
>the fix will appear in tomorrows snapshots:
>http://curl.haxx.se/snapshots/

I will test it the coming days as well, but (almost) the same nmake
command on my own modified sources compiled fine under VC10:

nmake /f makefile.vc mode=static VC=10 MACHINE=x86
WITH_DEVEL=../../win32build USE_IDN=yes WITH_SSL=static WITH_SSH2=static
WITH_ZLIB=static

C:\php-sdk\curl-src\builds\libcurl-release-static-ssl-static-zlib-static-ssh2-static-ipv6-sspi-winssl\bin>curl
--version
curl 7.27.0 (i386-pc-win32) libcurl/7.27.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1c zlib/1.2.7
WinIDN libssh2/1.4.2
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap pop3
pop3s rtsp scp sftp smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: AsynchDNS GSS-Negotiate IDN IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL SSPI libz

WITH_SSL=static and WITH_SSH2=static combined, no curl_schannel support.
But that does not make any difference for the IDN features.

The VC10 version is 4% larger than the VC9 version, but the features are
the same.

Jan

Jan