Re: Windows 8 Metro porting

From: Caroline & Gil Brenner <carolgil.b_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 15:57:19 +0300

*>From: Daniel Stenberg On Tue, 10 Jul 2012, Caroline & Gil Brenner wrote: *
*>> Is there any chance Curl-library will be ported soon to Run as a
Windows *
*>> 8 Metro application. *
*>libcurl development happens when people step forward, do the necessary *
*>stuff and send us the patches. I have not heard of anyone saying they're *
*>working on a win8 port so you have the chance to become the first! *
*>* libcurl works perfectly on windows 8, I suppose it's only the Metro
part
*>* which is in question here.
*>* I just went through the "desktop" certification software kit and it
does not
*>* complain.

*>*Best regards
*>*Armel

Thanks Armel and Daniel,

Yes, I need to port Curl to Metro (Win8 Desktop works fine) and there is a
large volume of work for this.

If anyone knows about such an attempt, I'll be happy to join the effort.

thanks,