Re: Peer review! SecureTransport (native SSL on iOS/OS X) patch

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 17:28:38 +0200

Nick Zitzmann <nick_at_chronosnet.com> wrote:

> I couldn't let Windows users have all the fun with the next major release of Curl,
> so yesterday I added preliminary support for SecureTransport.
> [...]
> securetransport.patch

Some additional suggestions...

Although 'SecureTransport' is certainly a valid literal to identify
apple's libsecurity interface, the 'secure transport' concept is too
generic in order to use it as the name of some libcurl internal names
that would result in extra difficulties for newcomers of libcurl's
code base.

Given that both iOS and Mac OS X have their roots in Darwin I suggest
doing the following changes to the patch you posted:

1) Rename securetransport.[ch] files to curl_darwinssl.[ch]
2) Change USE_SECURETRANSPORT to USE_DARWINSSL
3) Change MACSSL_ENABLED to DARWINSSL_ENABLED
4) Change "MACSSL_" to "DARWINSSL_"
5) Change configure option '--with-macssl' to '--with-darwinssl', or
--with-darwin-ssl'.

6) Function Curl_st_version(). No problem at all and ok to first part
of returned literal 'SecureTransport'. But...

The slash and numeric version part of the string should not be
returned if this libsecurity is actually a system or framework library
which cannot be fixed and provided by any other one except apple.

What's the actual availability of libsecurity source code?

--
-=[Yang]=-