Re: Windows SSPI Schannel implementation ready

From: Tim Bannister <isoma_at_jellybaby.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 21:00:09 +0100

On 13 Jun 2012, at 16:04, Marc Hoersken wrote:

> Actually "schannel" is not the correct identifier. It's either "Schannel" or "Secure Schannel". Please take a look at the MSDN
> documentation before doing such changes: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms678421.aspx

I've never done any secure network coding on Windows at this level, but where you put “Secure Schannel” did you mean to type “Secure Channel”?

cf. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa380123(v=vs.85).aspx

I think users would expect to see the name “Schannel”. SSPI is Microsoft's proprietary variant of GSSAPI.

--
Tim Bannister – isoma_at_jellybaby.net