Re: Windows SSPI Schannel implementation ready

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 19:45:15 +0200

Folks,
to shorten this never-ending discussion I did just change the string to
"SSL-Windows-native" for 3 reasons:
1) this describes how SSL is supported in a way the average user
understands; "schannel" is something which users might not even know
about what it is at all.
2) It is conform with what we show as version when we build with native
IDN support.
3) At least we have 2 of us agree on this (me and Marc).

TODOs:
1) we should make sure this string appears *only* if SSL functionality
is provided via schannel, sspi, whatever ...
2) it should remain possible to build with SSPI auth stuff and without
native SSL stuff -> we need still *two* defines
3) SSPI listed as feature if enabled must remain (as Daniel stated), and
it should also be possible to build with SSL-native but without SSPI
auth stuff.
4) we should should make sure that this SSL-native support is called
equal allover the project files, f.e. WINSSL (-> makefiles)
5) we need to teach configure to build with SSL-native; I propose:
--winssl

OT, but in the same context:
we need also such an option for IDN-native, I propose here:
--winidn

please lets concentrate on these things now so that we can soon start to
add some autobuilds for the new stuff!

Gün.