RE: SMTP recipient issues

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 22:57:00 +0100

Hiya,

On Fri, 8 Jun 2012, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> > Alternatively if Daniel does mind us adding new SMTP specific error
> > codes we could add CURLE_SMTP_MAIL_ERROR and CURLE_SMTP_RCPT_ERROR
> > and change the data failed to be CURLE_SEND_ERROR.
>
> Do we really need to separate MAIL errors from RCPT ones like that? I
mean, can
> we instead make it a single CURLE_SMTP_CMD_ERROR and include details in
the
> error buffer?

I honestly don't know... If we were to have a single error code for these
two I'd rather just use CURLE_SEND_ERROR for MAIL, RCPT and DATA ;-)

> I'm just trying to be conservative and exploring alternatives first!

Yeah, yeah that's fine - I can't say how others might use libcurl. Me, on
the other hand, all I care about is that it failed and if I want to know
more as ask for the smtp response code ;-)

S.