Re: Why there is undefined symbol __cxa_begin_cleanup in libcurl.so

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 22:05:37 +0200

Am 07.06.2012 08:52, schrieb mao xu:
> There is not such directories in sysroot: usr/local/lib/pkgconfig,
> usr/share/pkgconfig. Only usr/lib and usr/include in sysroot.
yes, true - but once you start to add more features you also need to
add dependencies, and these locations are good places for this; then
they are found (almost) without trouble if the pkg-config files are
present and correct ...
I will soon add some more words to clarify this.

If meanwhile setup autobuilds with NDK r8, and also a shared build; see
f.e.:
http://curl.haxx.se/dev/log.cgi?id=20120607122359-3049
which builds fine, and no sign of your trouble; also you can see there
that I dont set any vars, libraries, or libpaths - just a standard
configure with --host ...
I recommend that you try such a standard build too:
export PATH=/opt/android-ndk-r8-standalone/bin:$PATH
./configure --host=arm-linux-androideabi --enable-debug --with-zlib
--enable-ipv6
and then report back if you still see same issues as before ...

BTW. another issue I came over when I did setup NDK r8 standalone
toolchain: the file below ./sysroot/usr have wrong permissions, and if
you compile as non-root (as recommended) then you will see configure
breaking (headers and libs cant be read);
to fix this go to ./sysroot/usr and enter:
chmod 755 -R ./include
find ./include -name *.h -exec chmod 644 {} \;
chmod 644 ./lib/*.o ./lib/*.a

Gün.