RE: POP3 Authentication

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 19:19:37 +0100

Hi Guys.

On Sat, 26 May 2012, Steve Holme wrote:

> > I will crack on over the weekend then, pushing changes as and when I
> > work out the best way to commit what I've done so far.
>
> I am looking for a little bit of feedback and direction from my fellow
> hackers, as I need to change/enhance the response detection in
> pop3_endofresp() and am wondering what the best thing way forward
> is.

Whilst we discuss this I have pushed a few changes to POP3 to introduce the
AUTH command for detecting what mechanisms are supported by the server.
Thank you Daniel for cleaning up my whitespace - I really don't know how
Visual Studio decides to add those!! Is there any way to get the automated
builds email me when it detects things like that?

As this introduces a new command I have updated the test cases as I see
appropriate - however, being a Windows Developer and not having a Linux
style console to hand I have been unable to verify these. I would appreciate
if someone could run them please and provide appropriate feedback - thank
you.

The next steps are:

* To change pop3_endofresp() depending on the feedback I receive ;-)
* Introduce PLAIN and NTLM authentication mechanisms
* Add new test cases for these

Kind Regards

S.