Configure curl for build with Mozilla LDAP SDK and my version of openssl: LDAPS support became disabled

From: slon v sobstvennom palto <slonvpalto_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 16:32:56 +0300

Hi,
I need to build curl with Mozilla LDAP SDK and openssl 0.9.8r with my
additions to let them all work in the same project. I run the following
configuration commands:

MY_DIR=<my project directory>
export LDFLAGS="-L$MY_DIR/lib -lcrypto -lssl"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$MY_DIR/lib
export CPPFLAGS="-I$MY_DIR/include -I$MY_DIR/include/ldap"
configure --enable-ldap --enable-ldaps --with-ldap-lib=ldap50

All specified libraries are present in the specified directory. However
curl configurator reports that LDAPS support is turned off.
  LDAP support: enabled
  LDAPS support: no (--enable-ldaps)

When I run configuration with no parameters then it reports that LDAPS is
supported.

Please help to resolve this issue and enable LDAPS for my case.

Thanks
Oleg