Problem with libgcrypt maybe because of curl

From: Paul Salters <psalters_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 09:46:16 +0200

Hello fellow curl-developers,

I have a problem in my application that uses the xmlrpc-c lib
(http://xmlrpc-c.sourceforge.net/). That application is
multi-threaded. Most of the time it runes fine but sometimes i get the
following error: "ath.c:193: _gcry_ath_mutex_lock: Assertion '*lock ==
((ath_mutex_t)
 0)' failed". After i did some research I found out that "ath.c" is
from libgrypt which is used by gnutls with is used by libcurl
(correct?). Also i found out that there where some issues with this in
the past (see mailing list around 2006). My question is of course can
you help me to identify the problem? And hopefully you can help me to
fix the problem.

I use Debian Stable (squeeze) as operating system and i use the
following packages.

libgcrypt11 (1.4.5-2)
libgnutls-dev (2.8.6-1+squeeze2)
libcurl4-gnutls-dev (7.21.0-2.1+squeeze2)

The problem only occurs when i use HTTPS.

Thank you for your time.

Yours sincerly,

Paul Salters
The Netherlands